Sunday, March 22, 2015

Secret Conversations with Kame, 2011.06.24 - Ohno’s Promise That Took 10 Years

“It was an amazing drawing, and a large one at that, too. And it really looked like me. It was a watercolor painting. It was so similar, it looked almost exactly like [my photo]. He told me, “I’m going to draw a picture of you, so pass me a photo.” So I did. And it turned out to be exactly like me. Amazing.”
- Kamenashi Kazuya (KaTTUN)


Refers to the quotes above, this is (Re-Post) of Secret Conversations with Kame, 2011.06.24 - Ohno’s Promise That Took 10 Years

Kamenashi Kazuya sings praises of Ohno in his recent radio show and relates an incident from way back when.Well, this is Secret Conversations with Kamenashi, and we’re bringing you letters from our listeners.

This is from Mizuki-chan:

Arashi’s Ninomiya-kun said on his radio show that Ohno made a fuss about not receiving any calls or messages from Kamenashi-kun. Also, have you received Ohno’s drawing? Under what circumstances did you get him to draw something for you? Please tell us, even if it’s just a little bit!

KAME;
That being said, right… I contacted [Ohno], went out to dinner together, and received a drawing. It was an amazing drawing, I was so moved! That day, Ohno sent me a text message. I didn’t recognize the number, and it so happened that I was at a charity baseball event. I mean, I don’t normally check my cell phone when I’m at work. And even after the baseball match ended, I immediately went to shower and proceeded for the recording of GO IN. So I didn’t check my cell phone until 2am in the morning, and I don’t usually look at my phone even when I’m going from one location to another.

So on that afternoon, when Ohno sent me a message, I was at the Tokyo Dome, in the midst of focusing on the baseball match.

“Are you free tonight? Wanna go out to dinner?” A message that said something like that came. And that was the first text message I ever received from him. And if you’re wondering how that actually led to him drawing something from me, it was a story from ten years back.
Ten years ago, I was a backup dancer for Arashi. And I happened to be at the same spot where Ohno-kun stood before he went out for his solo. So I said something along the lines of, “Ohno-kun, you’re good at drawing!” And then Ohno said something like, “Oh, then I’ll draw something for you. I’ll doodle something for you.” So I replied, “I would love for you to do that!” And I requested enthusiastically for his drawing.

And ten years went by.
Recently, when we did some work together, I asked him, “Ohno-kun, do you remember~?” I rarely get the chance to talk to the Arashi members, but perhaps because of that incident, every time we’re at the same workplace he’s the senior who would come over and say, “Oh, Kame~” I would then go, “Ohno-kun, it’s been some time since we met. How are you?” And things kept going like that for a while. So on that particular day at work, when I said half-jokingly, “Ohno-kun. I haven’t received your drawing…”
Then he drew it for me.
It was an amazing drawing, and a large one at that, too. And it really looked like me. It was a watercolor painting. It was so similar, it looked almost exactly like [my photo]. He told me, “I’m going to draw a picture of you, so pass me a photo.” So I did. And it turned out to be exactly like me. Amazing.

Ohno said, “Kame-chan, your right eye looks really good.”
He had been looking at my photo for a few months while drawing the picture, so it felt as if I had become his girlfriend or something. I mean, when you see us on TV or in the magazines, you definitely wouldn’t associate Ohno-kun with myself, right? So we were talking about this and then decided, “Let’s keep it low key. Even if we went out to play, let’s keep it a secret.” Because our images are kinda different. But we get along really well. It might not sound appropriate coming from someone who’s his junior, but we always have a great time together. He’s such a great guy. I mean, I could say the same for myself, but he’s slightly airheaded, and doesn’t act like a diva. He’s so natural, and also my senior. In terms of experience in the entertainment industry, he really is my senior.


In that vein, Nino, he too changed his number. So I received numerous phone calls from an unknown number during that charity event. I thought, “Who the heck is this?! I don’t know him!” When I heard the voice mail, it went, “This is Ninomiya~ Kame~ Leader’s really angry!” And I went, “EH?!”
Nino then said something along the lines of, “He [Ohno] hasn’t even drawn such a big picture for the other Arashi members, and he’s saying that he’s not gonna draw any more pictures for other people in Johnny’s!”
So I asked Nino, “Why did he do this?”
                                                                                                              
Nino then said that it was because this had been a promise that was made ten years back, and [Ohno] felt that he couldn’t just pass me something that was the size of a postcard.

And I thought, “I must pay it forward to my juniors. Really. Thank you very much.”


Credit to
Xuanluan for Original Radio Source
Credit to
barbosa2007 for the Translation


In VSA, Kame revealed the actual size of this painting. And it really was huge. About 2x3 feet, the size of your usual portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love All My Followers ^_^

Entry Babab.net

hatsune_miku_cursor

Singing Hatsune Miku

snow_pink

cute_anime_girl_bottom_left

cute_anime_girl_top_right

Streampad